Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Morocco: 5 days!!

Hello!

So as many of you may (or may not) know I will be spending most of my summer in Rabat, Morocco learning Arabic.  I received a scholarship through the State Department- it's a super cool program and if you are even the least bit interested in languages/ travelling, you should apply!  (here's a link --> http://www.nsliforyouth.org/)

I'm leaving on June 16th (this coming sunday) and will be back in the states on August 4th.  On the 16th I fly to New York for a pre-departure orientation and then onto Rabat on the 18th! I will be staying with a host family for the entirety of the program and studying Arabic at a school in Rabat (who doesn't love summer school?  There are 14 (?) other American students with whom I will be traveling/ learning arabic.  


Here's approximatly where I will be living within Rabat- the address they gave me doesn't work on google maps...I believe it's the little squigly road between the gardens and the water (within "Kasbah of the Udayas)
http://goo.gl/maps/L4R0L

I'm going to try to update this blog with info/ pictures about my trip! (despite the fact that I know nothing about blogging...)

-Laurel

1 comment:

  1. Laurel! You didn't tell me you were going to Morocco! What an adventurous spirit you are!
    I know NOTHING about blogging either, but I just "subscribed to your feed". I feel so out there on the technological edge. So keep your posts coming, I will enjoy hearing of your experiences.

    ReplyDelete